CCTV Dynamics has been offering CCTV design services to i-502 businesses for several months now, and we’ve become very familiar with how to design a proper system, as well as what some of the applicants are seeing from other security companies. We’ve found some gray areas where costs can be saved without risking compliance issues and we also know where extreme care needs to be taken to ensure there is no question of compliance. This is a list of areas where we’ve seen the most risk from other security company designs.
In this series of blog posts we will go over some of the design aspects that make our designs superior, as well as what to watch out for when designing your own camera system or when paying someone else to design a camera system for your i-502 business.
We don’t know why you wouldn’t buy your camera system from us for your grow operation or marijuana retail shop… but if you’re not convinced by our
3 year warranty
guaranteed 45 days of continuous recording and
we still don’t want you to suffer the consequences of suspension or confiscation, so make sure to follow these tips.
Here is a sampling of some of the issues we will be discussing:
- Not providing enough resolution to meet the quality requirements on perimeter shots.
- Not guaranteeing 45 days of continuous recording.
- Not providing for a CONTINUOUS 20 foot perimeter on all corners of an outdoor grow operation.
- Using cameras that are not 100% compliant or rely on “interpretation” for i-502 compliance.
- Missing out on opportunities to combine camera angles and reduce the number of needed cameras.
- Not accounting for plant height as a potential obstruction
- missing out on opportunities to use higher than required resolution to reduce the number of cameras.